Jordan Spieth Net Worth: Jordan Spieth is a $110 million net worth American professional golfer. He is one of the world’s highest-paid athletes. He has won more than $45 million from PGA winnings with over $3 million made in 2021 alone. This puts him among the top 20 highest-paid golfers in PGA history. Jordan also raises tens of millions of dollars a year from endorsements, brand partnerships, and sponsorships in addition to tournament winnings. Spieth received $42 million in salary and endorsements between June 2017 and June 2018. Jordan Spieth has a net worth of over $100 million.
Early Life of Jordan Spieth
Shawn Spieth and Mary Christine Spieth gave birth to Jordan in Dallas, Texas, in 1993. He graduated from Jesuit College Preparatory School in 2011 after attending St. Monica Catholic School. At Brookhaven Country Club, he learned to play golf.
He was No. 1 in the AJGA Golf Rankings before turning 18 in July 2011, which promotes the best junior golfers in the world.
- In 2008 and 2009, he placed second in the Junior PGA Championship.
- In 2009, he was named Rolex Junior Player of the Year by the American Junior Golf Association.
- In 2010, Spieth accepted an exemption to compete in the PGA Tour’s HP Byron Nelson Championship. It was the first amateur exemption for the event since 1995.
- Spieth attended the University of Texas for his undergraduate studies in golf. Spieth was a member of the Walker Cup team in 2011 and played in three of the four rounds, winning both singles matches and halving his foursomes match.
- Spieth won three events as a freshman at Texas and led the team in scoring average.
- He was named to the All-Big 12 Team, Big 12 Freshman of the Year and Player of the Year, and a first-team All-American after helping his team win the NCAA championship.
View this post on Instagram
Jordan Spieth Net Worth & Golf Career
Spieth, then 19, turned professional halfway through his sophomore year at Texas in 2012 after failing to progress to the Final Stage of PGA Tour qualifying school. In January 2013, he signed a sponsorship deal with Under Armour, and in March, he signed a deal with BioSteel Sports Supplements.
Spieth played in his first tournament of the 2013 season in January, missing the cut by two strokes at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines. Spieth made three cuts in March, finishing tied for second at the Puerto Rico Open and seventh at the Tampa Bay Championship. In March, he was granted Special Temporary Member status, granting him unlimited sponsor exemptions; non-members are limited to seven exemptions per season. In April, he finished in a tie for ninth place at the RBC Heritage.
- Jordan Spieth has three major titles and won the FedEx Cup in 2015.
- From 2010-2020 he has a total earnings of over $41 million alone.
FedEx Cup Rankings:
2013 FedEx Cup Ranking: 7th
2014 FedEx Cup Ranking: 15th
2015 FedEx Cup Ranking: 1st
2016 FedEx Cup Ranking: 9th
2017 FedEx Cup Ranking: 2nd
2018 FedEx Cup Ranking: 31st
2019 FedEx Cup Ranking: 44th
2020 FedEx Cup Ranking: 107th
Other than Tiger Woods, he is the only player to have won multiple US Junior Amateur Championships.
- In the World Amateur Ranking, he ranked first (June 2012)
- Rookie of the Year on the PGA Tour in 2013
- The youngest player on the United States Ryder Cup team since 1929.
- The youngest player ever to represent the United States in the President’s Cup.
- Best overall Major Score in a calendar year all-time
- The youngest player ever to be admitted to the PGA TOUR
- In 82 years, he is the youngest player to win on the PGA TOUR.
- The youngest American player to ever make the World Top-10
- PGA Player of the Year in 2015
- Joining Jack Nicklaus as the second player to complete the Grand Slam before the age of 24.
- The youngest American winner in history – The Open
Despite what can best be described as occasional troubles on the golf course, Spieth has been one of the greatest names in American sports for a number of years.
Spieth was rated 52nd on Forbes’ list of the world’s highest-paid athletes in 2020, with an estimated net worth of $27.6 million. He was removed from the list in 2021, but his overall net worth is estimated to be approximately $110 million.
In 2017, he became only the fourth golfer to appear on the classic Wheaties cereal box, demonstrating his cultural importance in the United States. Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods were the other three.
Spieth has a slew of major sponsors, the most prominent of which is, of course, Under Armour.
Under Armour made Spieth, then 19, the face of the company’s golf division in January 2013. Then, in January 2015, Under Armour cancelled the final two years of Spieth’s contract and granted him a new 10-year contract. Originally, the corporation requested a 25-year deal!
The agreement ensures that Spieth would be outfitted in Under Armour gear from head to toe, and while financial specifics were not published, we assume there were performance-based incentives.
Jordan Spieth Net Worth
Jordan Spieth has made some serious money in professional golf. He is considered the top 20 highest-paid golfers in PGA professional history. He has won more than $45 million from PGA winnings with over $3 million made in 2021 alone. With all his professional golf winnings as well as his endorsements, brand partnerships, and sponsorships he has a net worth of over $100 million.
Images via Jordan Spieth Instagram: @jordanspieth