Rory McIlroy Net Worth: Rory McIlroy has been the world’s number one professional golfer for more than 100 weeks. Rory McIlroy has won multiple championships and is a member of an elite group of golfers who have won three majors before the age of 25. As of 2021, Rory McIlroy has a net worth of $200 million
|Date of Birth:||May 4, 1989|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)|
|Net Worth||$100-150 million|
View this post on Instagram
Rory McIlroy Early Life
Rory McIlroy was born in Holywood, Northern Ireland, on May 4, 1989. McIlroy began golfing almost as soon as he could walk and was taught by his father, a professional and enthusiastic golfer.
Rory McIlroy started going to the local golf club at a young age and became their youngest member at the age of seven. When Rory McIlroy received a golf club for his birthday, he was shown the proper grip and told to sleep that night while keeping his new club properly.
Rory had already won the Junior Ryder Cup with the European team when he was 15 years old. He has won championships in Ireland, becoming the youngest winner of the West of Ireland Championship and the Irish Close Championship in 2005. He earned his stripes a year later when he won the European Amateur. McIlroy went on to play in the Walker Cup, the British Masters, the Dubai Desert Classic, and the Open Championship over the next few years.
Rory McIlroy Net Worth & PGA Golf Career
Here are some highlights that contribute to Rory Mcilroy’s net worth:
- Rory Mcilroy earned an additional $15 million (€13 million) for winning the 2019 Fed Ex Cup, the highest payout in golf history.
- That included $10 million (€9 million) for winning the FedEx Cup in 2016.
- McIlroy hasn’t won a major since 2014, but he’s raised nearly $50 million (€45 million) on the golf course since the 2016 season, split between the PGA Tour and the European Tour.
- Rory Mcilroy is also seventh on the all-time money list, having won nearly $70 million (€63 million) in tournaments. That doesn’t include his FedEx Cup victories, which aren’t included in the official money lists.
- McIlroy would still be third on the career money list if the FedEx Cup winnings were counted, behind only Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson. McIlroy is a young man, just 30 years old.
Rory McIlroy Personal Life
Who is the wife of Rory McIlroy? Erica Stoll
- The pair married on April 22, 2017.
- Erica Stoll, a New York native, met the four-time major champion while working for the PGA.
- Remember how McIlroy was late for his tee time at Medinah during the Ryder Cup in 2012?
- Erica was the PGA employee who saved him from a humiliating incident, and the police took care of the rest of the job in getting him to the course.
Rory McIlroy’s Massive $200 Million Nike Deal
According to Business Insider, there are speculation that he has a rumored deal with Nike. This deal has numbers circling around $200 million!
Rory McIlroy Net Worth
Given his significantly successful professional golfing career as well as his Nike deal and his $400,000+ cars. It is expected that Rory is tremendously wealthy. Depending on the validity of the Nike deal, we expect his net worth to be well over $250 million. Even when Rory McIlroy doesn’t win any championship he still walks away with $10-50 million purses. As of 2021, Rory McIlroy’s net worth is $200 million.
Imagies via via Rory Mcilroy Instagram: @rorymcilroy